Definition:

1. flippin' sweet

utterly awesome, cool, outstanding. Can be used to urge a conversation on. Originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Remembering Mom...

21 years... that's a long time. My 21st birthday was bittersweet for me because it meant that I had now lived more years without my mom than I did with her.

Now, yet another year has passed and my mother has been gone for 21 years.

Lucy Cuen Bradford passed away from colon cancer at the age of 50, on Septmember 20th, 1986. I was 10 years old at the time.

My mother was beautiful, and I will always remember her that way. There's just no way to describe the effect that she had on my life, though my time with her was much too short.

The following is a video of my mom. I'm the little one with her most of the time.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The following is from http://www.coloncancerfoundation.org/anyage.htm

Please
Know the risk factors of developing colon cancer.

They include:

    • A personal history of colorectal polyps, previously treated colorectal cancer, or inflammatory bowel disease

    • Race : African Americans are more likely than other racial or ethnic groups to get colorectal cancer

    • Being physically inactive

    • Eating a diet high in fat (especially from red meat)

    • Obesity

    • Smoking

    • Alcohol use

    • Eating a diet low in fruits and vegetables

    • Having a family history of colorectal cancers, certain other cancers, and benign colon polyps (Fewer than 10% of colorectal cancers are caused by inherited gene mutations.)

If you experience any stomach discomfort, bleeding in your stool, or sudden weight loss, please contact your physician today.If you are not confident that your doctor is providing you with the correct information, or is not investigating the possibility of colon cancer immediately get a second opinion DEMAND THE PROPER DIAGNOSIS AND CARE. It’s you and your loved one’s lives at stake!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

What an amazing, precious video of your mom...thank you for sharing it.

I'm so sorry for your loss...