Definition:

1. flippin' sweet

utterly awesome, cool, outstanding. Can be used to urge a conversation on. Originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Caden kiss it!

The end of another weekend, and a busy week coming up. My boss will be in town, a swim meet, planning for Girl Scout camp, and our town's carnival type thing (Friendly City Days) including a parade on Sunday that we have an entry in, so I'll be keeping busy.

We had a good weekend. We got some good news late last week. Brent has been interviewing with a company for the past couple of months, and they put through a really nice offer that he couldn't refuse, so he gave notice to his current company on Friday. It's a great opportunity for him, and I'm proud of him, albeit a little nervous - there's some potential for a lot of travel depending on the client that he's working on, so it could mean a lot of changes in our household.

On Friday I took the kids (ok, Caden got left out - he was at daycare and it was nap time) to see Kung Fu Panda, and we ALL loved it. Those that have known me a long time know that I have a soft spot in my heart for pandas (panda bayyyyybeeee), so this was a fun one for me.

I actually saw 3 movies in the theater this weekend, that's likely a record for me. Friday night, Brent and I went on a date and saw The Strangers - pretty creepy and enough to make me double check the security system for the last couple nights. If you like those type of movies, this one's not too bad.

Today we FINALLY took the kids to see Prince Caspian from the Chronicles of Narnia series. We've been wanting to go since it came out, and just haven't had the time. I was quite impressed, and we all enjoyed. it.

Ok, now for the title of this post... This touches on inappropriate to tune out now if you're a sensitive sort... but I just had to mention it because it left me in stitches tonight. Brent and Caden were chilling out on the couch, and Caden was being his usual squirmy beastie self using his Daddy as a jungle gym. He... ummmmmmm.... squashed Brent a little in a sensitive spot and Brent yelped. Since I am trying to raise a sensitive son, I told him to please be careful and that he'd hurt Daddy. Caden is concerned and then brightens and exclaims "Caden Kiss It!!!!" and immediately goes to do so... Brent and I yell "NO!!!!" in unison, confusing the heck out of poor Caden. I about burst a blood vessel trying not to laugh, and I told him that he should just hug Daddy instead and used it as a little personal boundary lesson for him... but after he was in bed, we had quite the laugh over it. If we could all be so innocent.

3 comments:

Leah said...

LMAO, thats hilarious. What a sweet kid. He wanted to make daddy all better.

girlsmom said...

Sweet Caden! That's funny.

Jean said...

lol! i wouldn't put it past james to do the same thing.