Definition:

1. flippin' sweet

utterly awesome, cool, outstanding. Can be used to urge a conversation on. Originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Nickelodeon Universe!

I'd promised the kids that we'd do something "fun" to end up Spring Break, so yesterday we found ourselves spending some time at Camp Snoopy The Park at MOA NICKELODEON UNIVERSE!!! You'll have to excuse my confusion, but the amusement park in the middle of the ginormous mall here in MN has undergone a few name changes in the past couple years, so it's hard to keep track of the current name. I'm a bit disgruntled over the whole thing, to tell you the truth, I am a big Snoopy/Peanuts fan. But, I digress....

Nickelodeon Universe is pretty much the same as the other two parks have been... with the unfortunate inundation of everything Nickelodeon plastered, hanging, or embedded on any blank service. Now, I don't mind everything Nickelodeon (Dora and Blues Clues are ok), but I truly truly TRULY dislike Sponge Bob Square Pants. I mean, truly. So that was a bit much for me. The kids seem to like him (it?) though, and we went there for them, not for me... so I coped.

Photobucket

Caden absolutely LOVED the ride that used to be the Frog Hopper... It's something to do with ducks and boats now... He laughed the whole time and then begged to go on it again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We also learned that our little one is not all that great at waiting for his turn in line. He practically gouged out Brent's eyes trying to get down from his shoulders so he could cut in front of everyone. Here's a picture of him actually waiting patiently for his turn...

Photobucket

While William was going on a few "scary" rides, we killed some time in Lego Land!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We ended the evening with a little ride on Blue's Skidoo... Does it make me a bad mom to a 2 1/2 year old that I have NO idea what the name is of the pink doggie, or that I wasn't even AWARE that there was a pink blue's clues doggie? Or was that just for the ride? I know some of my Sprite friends will be able to set me straight. At home Caden watches Cars, Teletebbies, Cars, Barney, and Cars.

Photobucket

Photobucket

All in all, we had an enjoyable day, and when the kids asked when we could go back next, Brent's face went kind of pale and he muttered something about when hell freezes over... I don't think it was ALL bad myself, but then again I was playing with my camera, not spending 45 minutes in line with a 2 year old... So I'll give him that for now :)

4 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

OMG I HAVE to get to MOA before A gets too much older... he would DIE to go on Blue's Skiddoo!!! Looks like they all had a blast!

Jean said...

Looks like a blast!! I must confess...I know nothing about Blues Clues! And I'd like to keep it that way!

Midwest Miscellany said...

I'm going to have to go there. Kate would love it right now. It's not that far from here ...

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.