Definition:

1. flippin' sweet

utterly awesome, cool, outstanding. Can be used to urge a conversation on. Originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Gotta Dance, Gotta Sing, Gotta Come and Do that Party Thing!

Phew! Madison's birthday party was a few weeks ago, but I'm still recovering I think. We had 12 girls (ages 5-9) over for a party and sleepover, and wow, what a trip that was. I think I'll scale it back next year, although I'm surprised it was the actual party and not the sleepover part that did me in.

Photobucket

We had pizza and junk food, followed by a pinata and other typical party games. For the pinata, the rule was that no one picked up candy until it was completely empty (to avoid someone getting smacked with the baseball bat... Well, someone forgot to tell Cade, and when the first candy fell, he dashed for it (breaking out of big brother's grasp), and I dove for him to keep him from getting hit. Well I got a nice good whack to my hand, narrowly missing my digital SLR camera... I about passed out, but Brent and I both agreed that better my hand than the camera.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then there was a non sanctioned candy fight (sigh), and I had to nurse an owie on the noggin left by a root beer barrel. (sigh). We did the cake, which was High School Musical...

Photobucket

Photobucket

and opened a whole bunch of presents...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we settled everyone down in front of movie screen to watch High School Musical 2, and I collapsed. I fully intended on getting pictures of them with their jammies and sleeping gear, but I just didn't have the energy and was still nursing an injured hand (which STILL hurts when I try to grasp a heavy object in my right hand, by the way).

The girls all clonked out by 11:00 (not quite early enough for me, but could've been worse), and woke up bright and early to make blueberry pancakes. I am SO glad that my kids are spaced evenly throughout the year, I'm not sure that I could handle 2 parties closer than 3 months apart.

No comments: