Definition:

1. flippin' sweet

utterly awesome, cool, outstanding. Can be used to urge a conversation on. Originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Friday, September 19, 2008

Too cute for that suit...

Caught Caden trying on my swimsuit, I think he wears it better than I do. I think the Cars underwear really "make" the outfit, don't you?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

These days in September are always a little hard for me. My dad's birthday was earlier this week, and I enjoyed a nice talk with him. Happy Birthday, Dad! Tonight/Tomorrow marks the 22nd anniversary of my mother's death, and it's hard to imagine that it's been that long. That night is by far my most vivid memory, and one that has and will continue to impact me for the rest of my life. I clearly and vividly remember holding her hand as she passed, and the heartbreak I felt knowing that the world as I knew it was gone. Part of me will always be that 10 year old girl who misses her mom, but another part of me is a different, stronger person for having that experience. I think that it's affected many of the decisions in my life. My sister Liz wrote a beautiful post. Love you, Mom, still miss you.

Thankfully, I have a fun weekend planned to keep my mind occupied. I'm going up North with several girlfriends for a "Girls Weekend"! We'll be staying at a beachfront cabin on Gull Lake at Craguns. Facials, shopping, and probably a few drinks (rare for me). It'll be fun. Brent will be holding down the fort at home, but that's ok - he owes me as he'll be in Vegas on business next week, and I'm still bitter that he's going to one of my favorite places without me!