Definition:

1. flippin' sweet

utterly awesome, cool, outstanding. Can be used to urge a conversation on. Originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake!

Mmmmmmm.... this has got to be one of the best desserts ever. Strawberries were recently on sale (2 for $5, not bad!), and the sweet aroma stopped me in my tracks as I walked into the store. I love the smell of fresh strawberries.

Now, I'm very particular about how my strawberry shortcakes are made. I absolutely will not buy that weird gel that they sell near the strawberries... I personally think that stuff tastes like strawberry flavored petroleum jelly. ew.

I stick by the method that my stepmom (Hi Suzette!) taught me years ago, it's simple, fast, and best of all, GOOD!


Ok, so you get a nice looking batch of fresh strawberries:

Photobucket

Slice them up, and coat generously with sugar. Don't forget to stir them up:

Photobucket

Cover and refridgerate for at least 2 hours. See how nice and syrupy they get?

Photobucket

And, Voila! Strawberry shortcake!

Photobucket

These critics approve. I'm sure yours will too!


Photobucket

2 comments:

Jessica Ryan said...

my kids had strawberry shortcake for breakfast yesterday! But I do not add sugar... I just took a thin slice of tea bread, loaded up the Reddi Wip and dumped on the strawberries!

Leah said...

WOW, they have gotten so big, especially Cade. I practically dont recognize him. So handsome.