Definition:

1. flippin' sweet

utterly awesome, cool, outstanding. Can be used to urge a conversation on. Originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

JACK ATTACK

We had a new member join our family last month. Earlier this Spring, my beloved Dakota, aka "Kota Kitty" died at age 12. I was heartbroken and was promised that I could get a new kitty at the end of the summer after we were done with vacations for the year. Well... we ALMOST made it. I heard of a litter that was ready to go home at the end of August, but we had to pick up the kitty right away. Only problem is that we were planning on going out on our boat/camping with neighbors for a long weekend that coming weekend.

Hmmmm.... our boat has PLENTY of room. The kitty is small. Yes, you see where I'm going.

I called up Brent and he has a way of knowing when I want something. Maybe it's because I'm really pleasant and nice or something. He always knows when somethings up if I'm nice. I told him about my brilliant plan and he was like, "you want to take a cat on a boat". I said no. A kitten. Kittens are MUCH smaller.

Of course he had no way of resisting my threats charms so he told me to go pick up the damn cat little darling.

Now, in his defense... Brent had perfectly valid reasons for not wanting a new kitty. You see, Dakota liked to pee on his clothes. And crap on the bed. On HIS side of the bed. I don't think that Dakota liked Brent much, cause he left my stuff alone. Dakota was a GOOD very naughty kitty sometimes.

So far so good. It's been a long time since I've had a kitten though. I forgot that kittens attack anything that moves. Including Labrador Retrievers and 2 year old kids. Oh, and that they see nothing wrong with jumping up on the counter and sticking their paw in a pan of spaghetti sauce that's warming on the stove. Or crawling INTO the bucket bowl of ice cream that you're trying to eat.

Anyways. We got the kitty. We took him on the boat. (Bad idea, by the way, we're STILL picking kitty litter out of every nook and cranny). I told Brent that it was a bad idea to take the cat on the boat but he wouldn't listen to me.

The cat's name is Jack. Jack Bauer to be precise. Jack Bauer is our most favorite TV character ever. I let Brent name him, I thought I might have a better chance of keeping the kitty if Brent got to name it. Even if it does start crapping on his side of the bed.

Here's a picture of Jack:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

OOPS. Wrong Jack.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Imcombobulated said...

What an adorable kitten! He reminds me of my little Forrest when she was a baby!

Tammy said...

I'll pick the human-Jack since I'm allergic to cats...

Leah said...

I love your Jack. He is adorable.

Jean said...

Awwww...what a cute kitty!