Definition:

1. flippin' sweet

utterly awesome, cool, outstanding. Can be used to urge a conversation on. Originated from the movie Napoleon Dynamite.

SUBSCRIBE TO MY BLOG!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Told him so!!!

So... according to the nifty website dateandtime.com, I have been with my darn DEAR husband for approximately 3093 days, 3 hours, 9 minutes and 19 seconds. So that would mean that for the last 3092 days, 3 hours, 9 minutes and 19 seconds I have been complaining about his HORRENDOUS snoring and his habit of not breathing for several seconds at a time and then scaring the snot out of me with a gasping snort every 15 seconds or so. ALL NIGHT LONG.

That's assuming that I waited a full day to start harassing him. Knowing me, that's unlikely.

This mans snores have been responsible for waking my children from a dead sleep (in other rooms), making dogs bark and howl outside, and keeping everyone in a campground awake all night. There are no words to express exactly how horrible his snoring was. I have literally ended up in TEARS down in the lowest level of our house in the dead of the night with a PILLOW over my head over this little problem.

Two nights ago, after years of threatening pleading and begging, my husband went in for a sleep study to confirm what I'd been yelling at him telling him for years. Sleep Apnea. Like Duh.

He must realize think that I'm not so bright, cause at first he tried to tell me that they didn't find anything, and that he had no problems. That was SO not even an option, so I wasn't buying it all? What truly, does he think that I'm that gullible? I am choosing NOT to let him know that last winter when I was REALLY busy at work someone called me on the phone and told me my shoe was untied. That person was 1000 miles away and we were talking on the PHONE... and I still looked down to check. I attribute that to stress and being overworked, it WAS the week before Christmas in a retail store for goodness sakes. Oh, and it doesn't even matter that the shoes that I was wearing didn't have laces.

So, my oh so dear husband got a APAP machine, which makes him look a little like Mr. Snuggleupagus.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

How am I supposed to keep my hands off him when he looks so cute?

Last night was our first time with the APAP machine. I'm reserving judgement. The good news: He did not snore ONCE!!! YAY!.

The bad news... I like to bug talk to my husband as we fall asleep. You see, we have this long standing rule that he's not allowed to fall asleep before me, cause if he does than I can't get to sleep. When he's wearing that darn machine he can't talk. Or at least that's what he says.

Also, I had to deal with him tossing and turning all night long and listening to this Darth Vader type breathing whenever he opened his mouth.

So the reveiw's still out, I'll keep ya'll updated. He has an appointment tomorrow, apparently there's something that they might be able to do surgically to help him out. Short of removing a lung or pouring cement down his throat, I have no idea what that might be. And, as much as his snoring drives me crazy, I'm not about to do anything quite that drastic. He drives me crazy but I'm kind of attached to the guy.

4 comments:

Midwest Miscellany said...

Ear plugs. I couldn't live without ear plugs. They don't really work well enough at times. I spent last night on the couch because of his snoring. My neck's totally messed up from it.

The man refuses to see a doctor about his snoring though. Maybe I should direct him to your blog ???

Tammy said...

I jokingly tell my husband that his CPAP is the best thing that happened to our marriage:)

Oh, blissful sleep...

Although when my sister was here to visit this summer with her little kids - her 4 yr old wandered in our room one morning, took one look at Bill and left the room crying. Too funny!

Jean said...

I just got a CPAP a few weeks ago and the guy told me that people eventually learn to talk with it! Maybe you can talk Jeremy into going for a sleep study...he will NOT listen me, and I've done the crying at the other end of the house just like you!

Kick money said...

Hi everyone
https://learnstudent2.blogspot.com/2020/05/world-no-tobacco-day-31-may-2020.html?m=1